Why Cold Pressed?
- When Oils are heated, their molecular structure is compromised, creating carcinogenic free radicals. Coconut oil is more stable to heat than other plant oils but it is still best when produced without heat.
- Oils that are heated, when ingested, can contribute to cardiovascular disease and difficulty of the blood to efficiently transport oxygen due to arteriosclerosis.
- Ingestion of heated oils can also contribute to acne and foul body odour.
- Truly cold pressed oils will maintain their nutrient profile, their fats will remain uncorrupted, they taste amazing and they last long, as the oils have not been heated so are less likely to go rancid quickly.
Making of Wood Pressed Coconut Oil:
First the fresh coconut meat is grated and then Sun dried. This drying process, however, seems to be important to the resulting taste and quality of the oil.
- This dried coconut is then placed into a Wood press (Marachekku) and pressed.
- This pressing yields oil with proteins.
- These Oil are allowed to “Settle” in settling tanks for 4 days.
- Oil is filtered & Packed, No Refinement Process & No Sulphur added.
Benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Skin Care: Coconut oil is an excellent nourishing ointment & effective moisturizer on all types of skins.
- Hair Care: Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair, helps in healthy growth of hair and gives a shiny luster.
- Liver, Kidney and Gall Bladder Health: Medium Chain Fatty Acid (MCFAs) in coconut oil reduce workload on the liver and support its function by preventing accumulation of fat. Coconut oil also helps in preventing kidney and gall bladder diseases. It is a remedy in dissolving kidney stones.
- Heart Diseases: Coconut oil is highly beneficial for the cardio vascular system. It helps in strengthening the heart’s muscular structures.
- Enhanced Metabolism and Energy: Boosts energy and endurance, remedy for treating pancreatitis.
- Immune System: With antifungal, antimicrobial, antibacterial and antiviral properties, coconut oil strengthens the immune system.
- Bone Health: Coconut oil improves the ability of our body to absorb the needed minerals like calcium and magnesium.
- Healing Wounds & Burns: It promotes fast healing and recovery from cuts and burns.